Monday, June 16, 2008

The Visitor

My scooter parked in the alley outside of Ragtag waiting for a jump.


When both girls suddenly decided to spend the night at my parents house my wife and I were suddenly left alone together to do as we please. A rare occurrence. We rode the scooter around downtown Columbia to eat and then off to the Ragtag cinema for a movie. We saw The Visitor. I used IMBD's web site as a link instead of the official movie site because the official site crashed both FireFox and Micro$oft's browser at least twice on my computer. Don't know why. But, back to the movie.

The Visitor is the best movie I have seen in years, and certainly in my top ten list. Smart, well constructed, incredible casting, incredible script, and not an ounce of fat on it. It told a story and except perhaps for some language I don't even remember hearing, that earned the film a PG-13 rating, it is a movie I would not be afraid to show to my young daughters. No car crashes, no special effects - just a good story well told about people.

A very nice night and a very good movie. The evening was only marred a little bit by one incident. Oddly enough my Tank 150 Touring machine, that I had been riding around all day, would not start. The battery was dead. I had to call my son to come and give us a jump since I have not yet successfully kick-started that beast. However, Jenifer was a good sport about it and it was a beautiful summer evening made especially nice by being comfortably cool.

No comments: